Why

At first, the title of this blog seemingly suggests a combination of two of life's indulgences; however...

This blog's primary focus is eggnog--the thick, savory, seasonal beverage, from which, fellow lovers gain substantial poundage from its consumption. Ah, only a mere sacrifice to indulge in its richness. The purpose of this blog is to reveal the good nog, the better nog, and the best nog; and, yes, unfortunately, the not-so-good nog.

Secondly, we'll share any cheesey experiences that have left us craving more or have made us move on to the next tasty find.

Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Ultimate Cheesecake

It's hard to believe that I may have made the best cheesecake. I didn't even come up with the title. The credit goes to a favorite chef of mine--Tyler Florence. If you'd like to give this divine piece of food a shot, here's the link The Ultimate Cheesecake.

As for a review. Extreme. Highest. Incomparable. Maximum. Paramount. Preeminent. Significant. Superlative. Supreme. Surpassing. Unequalable. Unmatchable. Unsurpassable. Utmost.

So I substituted raspberries for the blueberries. I don't enjoy blueberries as a topping very much. Trust me, raspberries are better. I was bummed about not having a pan big enough to place the cake pan in with the water. I think this would have made it firmer? Yeah, I need to research how they achieve the velvety firmness. At any rate, the flavor is (refer to 2nd paragraph). The combination of lemon with the raspberries is phenomenal.

4 comments:

Guiarony said...

I wanna a bite! :-)

dave, catie, and baby b. said...

Oh glory be

Anonymous said...

Great job. Now why in the world does your blog look better than mine? Yours looks so crisp and neat and mine looks like blaw. DANG.

Jamie Jensen Hill said...

I'm going to have to try this thing. LOVE cheesecake. By the way, I'm so with you on the cheese thing but eggnog??? Sick.