Why

At first, the title of this blog seemingly suggests a combination of two of life's indulgences; however...

This blog's primary focus is eggnog--the thick, savory, seasonal beverage, from which, fellow lovers gain substantial poundage from its consumption. Ah, only a mere sacrifice to indulge in its richness. The purpose of this blog is to reveal the good nog, the better nog, and the best nog; and, yes, unfortunately, the not-so-good nog.

Secondly, we'll share any cheesey experiences that have left us craving more or have made us move on to the next tasty find.

Friday, December 12, 2008

If you see it, get it!


Our first posting reveals the ultimate nog of nogs. All things considered, I have yet to taste an eggnog superior to that of Southern Comfort's Vanilla Spice Eggnog. This same brand carries the original flavor as well. However, I always crave this special flavoring. Typically, there is a separation of flavors at the moment of contact and post-swallowing. This savory brew doesn't have that. The flavors are seamless from start to finish, coating your throat all the way down.

You might think that since I have found the ultimate nog, why would I pursue anything else? Odd as it may sound, experiencing anything inferior to Southern Comfort's nog just makes me appreciate that time when I can guzzle the best again. And, who knows? Perhaps I'll find something better...

3 comments:

dave, catie, and baby b. said...

You're an inspiration to nog lovers everywhere. It was you who originally exposed Southern Comfort to me, now you have another heavenly suggestion. I've got the RSS feed going and am anxiously awaiting subsequent posts.

And I will be getting a half gallon of this nog tomorrow morning.

Anonymous said...

Why does your blog look better than our family blog? What the heck? Maybe you should spend some of your time working on our blog to make it look pretty.

Shawn said...

I was just running the numbers. Your 'good size mug' probably holds at least 16 fluid ounces. That means that after chugging, you will have ingested 800 calories, 240 of those are fat. That's 20 grams of saturated fat which is 100% of your daily recommended value. Also included is 260 milligrams of cholesterol which is 88% of your daily value. I hope you are eating fresh vegetables for your other three meals that day. On the plus side you get 80% of your daily Ca. I like egg nog as much as the next guy but I have to watch out and not drink the entire carton. I hope it is just coating my esophagus and not my arteries. Very interesting blog. What are you going to write about after the Christmas season?